So last night we were all set to get our Infernal titles (finish EV in under 2 hours).
Of course the whole night was messed up right from the start, but we pushed on. Gharj was stationary for about 30% of his health (no pounce, no frenzy, nothing). Finally he frenzied, but no other platform came. We kept going and when he frenzied again finally another platform showed up, so we went over there - then the platform dropped out from beneath us, leaving us all in the lava. We rushed back to the first platform - and from there the fight went as usual.
After this our usual person that solves the pylons was bugged in some kind of animation glitch and couldn't interact with objects.
The infernal council members were marked with the wrong names visually, but once you clicked on them the tooltips showed the proper information.
Even with all the above we made great time - ran all the way through EV and were looking at Soa in about 45 minutes. At this point we all figured we had it in the bag and were looking forward to adding to our list of guild achievements.
About an hour later we were jumping down during transition phase 1 and Accomp says - hey, where is the floor? Just another of the long headaches that we had to deal with.
Here is a listing of all the crap we had to deal with, and in the end we missed our titles and never did end up killing him:
- Balls zapping for extra damage after they explode, often resulting in dead people.
- Balls causing exploding damage twice
- People in the air during transition phase and can't see the boss or other players (we've combated this by halting all DPS on Soa if he is close to transitioning while someone is in the air, then pushing him when they land).
- Person who just blew up a ball getting immediately thrown in the air causing them to die (this is just bad luck, probably not a bug, but happening before they can even get a heal sucks)
- Pylons dropping and not shattering shield
- Random hate dropping in Phase 3 making it impossible for the tank to properly position Soa
- Balls that fall during transition transport on top of players killing everyone instantly
At this point it really is an achievement if you manage to kill Soa because you've just been really lucky.
After giving up on Soa we went in to KP for a more streamlined run. Bonethrasher started hitting people who were behind him instead of in front of him, Sorno decided not to jump on the ledge except once I think. The trash after Jarg and Sorno respawned and the speeder didn't work to take us back to Foreman ... Here we just quit for the night, no raiding this week, GG patch day.